Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Crockpot Yogurt

Well, I made crockpot yogurt last night and I completely forgot to take any pictures of the process.

I followed the instructions in this blog and my results looked pretty much like theirs. I even have the same crockpot. I didn’t add any pectin or powdered milk to thicken it up because I was using milk that wasn’t ultra-pasteurized. It is still a bit thinner than store bought and I think I might put it through a cheese cloth to Greek it up a little.

I fed it to Caroline with some mashed up banana and a little honey. She wasn’t a fan but I think that had to do with the texture. I should have blended the banana because she is very picky. I’ll try again. Worst case scenario, I’ll have to do some mixing of YoBaby and homemade and wean her off the store bought stuff.

Making yogurt was so easy and it was so exciting to wake up this morning to really find yogurt waiting for me. I was afraid I would just have a pot of cooked milk. Definitely, try this out if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment