Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Frederick Twilight 5K

I don’t have any pictures because my husband is the worst at remembering to take them
We started out the day by going down the road and watching the runners in the Frederick Half-Marathon. We cheered for our friends who were running and Lil LeanGreen was so cute running up and down the sidewalk, clapping and yelling, “yaaaaaaay”.
After coming home, I got ready for my race. When we arrived at the fairgrounds, lots of the half-marathoners were still there and the race atmosphere was strong. Mr. LeanGreen said it was really motivating him to get back into shape and running. He has been lazy as long as I was.
I took my place in the crowd to start and Mr.LG, Lil LG and my stepson all stood on the sidelines to cheer for me. When the race finally started and I crossed the start line, they were there cheering and it was so nice to see my baby right as I got going.
I started out to slow. I always do. I’m always so afraid of going to fast and getting too tired that I do the exact opposite. I start too slow and end up not giving as much as I could. I have to keep that in my mind for the next race.
I felt strong throughout the race. I ran the whole way and never considered walking. When I crossed the finish line, Mr. LG was there with my sleeping baby. I love having them as my cheering section.
My chip time was 34.34. I have to admit being disappointed in that. I thought I could I do 33 minutes. You can see from my breakdown, that I finished a lot faster than I started.
Your time of 34:34.62 gave you a 11:09 min/mile pace.Your 1.7 Mile time was 19:33.41 giving you a pace of 11:30
Your Finish time was 34:34.62 giving you a pace of 10:44

I will start stronger in my next race.
All in all, it was a fun race and it was really great to be a part of the Frederick Running Festival again. And dare I forget to mention, just in time or summer, they gave up black shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment