Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

April Review- May Goals

April 1, 2011  214.2 lbs
May 1, 2011   212.8

Well April kinda sucked weight wise. I lost a whopping 1.4 lbs. I had a little plateau and a 2 week lapse in eating. I was never out of the game or off the wagon or whatever though. I was tracking and exercising the whole month.
I did complete the C25K program and ran a virtual 5K with a time of 32:40. I was really pleased with that and I’m able to consistently run 3+ miles at under 11 min/mile. I thought I would be much slower than that until some more weight fell off. Maybe I’ll come out of this whole thing faster than I was before.
I’m really looking forward to May and making some progress.

1. Memorial Day Push
I want to drop pounds and get a little tone in my shoulders. I’m not expecting to don a bikini at the end of this but I think I can achieve noticeable results. That’s my catch-phrase apparently, “noticeable results".

2. Frederick Twilight 5K
This will be my first real race in 2 years. In fact, my last race was this one 2 years ago. I’m hoping to come under 33 minutes but time doesn’t really matter. It’s all about just doing it and getting back in the game.

3. Long runs
As part of my push, I want to start incorporating some long runs on Sundays. I’ll be increasing my Sunday run by 0.5 to 1 mile per week.

4. Get some new clothes. Despite not losing much in April, I have to realize that my current wardrobe isn’t cutting it. It is droopy and the clothes were ugly to begin with. Time for a summer wardrobe update. I won’t spend a lot because I hope to move on to smaller sizes but I’m tired of looking so frumpy in the process.

What do you want to achieve in May?

No comments:

Post a Comment