Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

A lean, green machine

Well, that’s what I’d like to be anyway. Right now I am more of a chubby, trying to be green, not so finely tuned appliance. But I’m working on it.
Last year, after having my first child I found myself fat, out of shape, eating junk and living a very wasteful life. Not a wasted life mind you, but a wasteful life.

Slowly, but surely I am making changes for myself and my family. It started with buying organic foods for my baby when she started on solids and that translated into organic for the rest of the family. By the end of the year we were cloth diapering my little one and we have continued to green up every since. Don’t tell my husband though, it’s been so painless he doesn’t even realize it.

In early 2011, a year after my daughter was born, I finally started working on getting rid of my “baby weight”. I joined SparkPeople and love the community atmosphere and the challenges. I’ve lost 16 pounds so far and have no intention of backing off. Not only that, I have started running again for the first time in 2 years and I am loving every minute of it. If your interested in doing the same check out SparkPeople and find me, YARAC211.

It should be no surprise to anyone that taking care of yourself and taking care of the planet go hand in hand. When you only want to put good stuff in your body, you need to ensure that good stuff is going to be available. 

I’m not and expert. I’m not a zealot. Neither Ed Begley not Jillian Michaels is going to hold me up as a stellar example. I shop at Walmart and Target and you'll never hear me extol the virtues of a raw diet. I am all about finding things that are easy and work with my lifestyle. I just want to share what I learn as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment